Friday, April 25, 2014

Fun Fact Friday 04.25.14

Happy Friday! I really can't complain seeing as I have today off (ahh). Depending on when you read this, I'm either on my way to or have arrived in Charlotte! A weekend down South to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday. I have so been looking forward to this weekend!

Here's what else we've got going on over here.

1. Have you entered the compression leggings giveaway?! I realize this is a maternity related giveaway but maybe you know someone who could use them? Or you could use them in the near future? I'm looking at you many close gfs who should totally join me and have babies soon. ;)

2. The guest bathroom now has walls! I owe you a recap of the process so far but man does getting some fresh drywall up make a difference. Now it's time to pick out some paint. Decisions, decisions. Planning to pick up samples of these colors next week:





I really hope one of them looks similar to what I see online once it's on the wall. You know how that goes...

3. The last few busy work weeks and weekends have meant I've hardly made it to the gym lately. Thankfully, J has totally turned me on to Tabata workouts! So I've been doing my best to get a workout in at home when I can (still not all that often). A Tabata workout is a 4 min cycle of 20 seconds of hardwork, 10 seconds rest - you end up doing this 8 times. My go-to workout lately:

  • 4 mins burpees (no pushup...)
  • 4 mins squats
  • 4 mins of either planks or mountain climbers
  • 4 mins high knees, working one leg at a time for the full 20 seconds and just tapping down quickly
I downloaded an app to my phone for this but here's an online tabata timer.

4. Tell me J and I aren't the only ones who can't stand Pharrel's new song Happy? I can tolerate it for about 30 seconds before it gets under my skin. It just keeps saying the same thing! Over, and over, and over again...

5. I've gone back and forth with having maternity photos done. First of all J has no desire to have his photo taken in public. It's just not his thing so he ends up with this weird awkward forced smile half of the time. But then I stumbled upon these photos thanks to pinterest and there's just something about them. I think having them done in the comforts of my own home is more me. Do I dare??

Have a fantastic weekend!



What are you up to this weekend?

We'll be in Charlotte through the weekend spending time with J&A. It's going to be in the 80's! Summer maternity clothes are far more comfortable than the winter-ish clothes I have to wear in Boston. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips