Monday, January 6, 2014

Recent Recaps

Oh, happy Monday! Here's to another long work week for me. I figure since I can't seem to get Friday weekly recaps together lately, we'd start the week off with one. Sound good?

Work is gearing up for me and it looks like I'll be working 6 days a week for the next 6 weeks or so (boo), so I'll do my best to keep up with the blog. But if something needs to give, it'll be blogging. :(

So let's recap the last few weeks, shall we?

1. Brie & Fig Crostinis. Oh these are so good. And so easy to make! 
  • Get yourself a baguette, fig jam/butter, brie, and olive oil. 
  • Preheat the oven to 425
  • Slice the baguette and spread across a cookie sheet. Lightly pour the olive oil across them all - enough to slightly cover them, keep them from sticking to the cookie sheet.
  • Spread the fig jam on each bread slice.
  • Cut a piece of brie for each bread slice - it should cover the center of the bread - it will spread out as it heats up.
  • Cook for 10-12 minutes.
There are no exact measurements for this recipe - use as little or as much as you'd like!


2. Uh, this was the scene outside my window yesterday morning...The snow heaves off our back gutters are insane!

3. My sister gifted me this sweater for Christmas. I'm obsessed. And I think I found a bold lip color I like!

4. I feel very fortunate to have such a great group of guys in my life since I started dating J back in high school.

5. Green smoothies for Christmas morning. Getting in a few vitamins and minerals before the all day binging began.

6. Google+ put together this fun recap of photos from 2013 for me. Memories.

7. I made french macarons from scratch! Yes, thats why they looks so funny. I need to get myself a pastry bag before I recreate them and share the recipe. A melon baller was my tool of choice this time. Either way, they tasted fantastic. I think their light, airiness was a pleasant surprise at the holiday party I brought them to.
Half filled with raspberry jam, the other half with homemade chocolate-almond frosting (yum!)

8. Christmas may be all packed up now, but I kept meaning to share a few of our holiday decorations. I loved having a mantel to decorate this year! Next year I will find the perfect wreath to hang from the mirror...


Happy Monday!

How was your weekend?
We had a great weekend. Although I worked Saturday, we met friends in the city for dinner and Sunday I finally got myself back into the gym. It was awful, and pretty great.



1 comment:

  1. Those brie baguettes look amazing! I am going to have to try it out. And love the sweater- where is it from?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips