Thursday, January 2, 2014

Master Bathroom: Sources

Happy New Year friends!

Apologies for the unintentional blogging break. Wrapping things up at work, the holidays, and catching what appears to have been the flu sucked the life out of me. But I'm on the mend and found myself with a bit of free time to check in. So, hello!

First off, thank you so much for your kind words on our master bathroom reveal. Although it certainly was not without its headaches and frustration, it has definitely been our most rewarding project to date. I tried my best to find comps when we first started this project and we were trying to figure out a budget. But the only people who tend to fess up on costs seem to be bloggers and well, there are a lot more talented bloggers out there than J and I. So estimates like $2-$8k were what I found in my searches and unless you're planning on doing much of the work yourself, I warn you...this is not realistic!

If you're in the market for a bathroom overhaul and are looking to use a few higher end products, your budget should be around $20k. I had to pick my jaw up off the ground at this point. I thought for sure our first contractor bid was trying to take our money and run. Nope, it's the truth. Bathrooms are really, really expensive and we just had no idea.

So here we go, here's a rundown of the sources we used to design our new master bathroom:

Paint: Top - Baltic Gray by Benjamin Moore, Board and Batten - Pure White by Sherwin Williams

Toilet: Kohler Cimarron via Lowes. Best decision ever = soft close lid

Tile: via Bellew Tile - We used all porcelain tiles for both durability and cost. They were beyond helpful! Only complaint...restocking fee and won't always take excess tile back if more than 30 days passed the purchase date
Shower
Fixtures: via Republic Plumbing. (All polished chrome finish). Grohe Seabury line for the valve plates/trim, Grohe thermostatic valve, Grohe handheld shower. Per recommendation, we bought less known brands for the shower heads since the quality was just as good but by not paying for the Grohe name, we saved a few dollars. 

Glass: Oasis Shower Doors (polished chrome hardware finish)

Vanity

Vanity: James Martin (via Wayfair) This is extremely well made and we couldn't be happier. We ended up calling Wayfair because at one point there was an option to purchase the vanity without a top included for a much better price. 

Granite: A remnant piece we lucked out finding from a local granite dealer. I wish I knew the pattern name to share.

Lighting: Maritime Caged Sconces (via Restoration Hardware Outlet). The outlet price is 50% off, and we purchased them during a Labor Day Weekend sales....probably our best deal!

Faucets: Symmons Carrington via Republic Plumbing (polished chrome finish)

Mirrors: via Home Depot. Ugh this was a last ditch effort. I wanted built-in oval mirrors with storage, apparently I told everyone this too late in the game. If I had to do this again, I'd also make it known earlier that I'd like to use bigger mirrors....every guy involved in the project assumed 10 inches off the edges of the vanity was good for the plumbing of the sinks (so they didn't ask)....thus meaning the very widest mirrors we could get would be 20 inches wide, but would then basically hit the walls. Ah well, what can you do.

Did I miss anything??



2 comments:

  1. Hello I love your bathroom colors! Can you tell me the name and brand of your floor & shower tile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a real ability for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you represent your views in this article. I agree with your way of thinking. Thank you for sharing.
    Kitchen Faucets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips