Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rangeley, ME - July 2013

A few weeks ago, I escaped to the backwoods of Maine for a long weekend. I can't tell you how perfect this trip was, and oh so relaxing. I've mentioned this briefly before, and I can't tell you how happy this makes me, but after years (10+) of renting a home in Rangeley, ME my parents found their dream vacation home.

And let me tell you, it is truly a vacation home. Not a neighbor in site, enveloped in woods, a true retreat. Warning - picture overload in this post!

The "driveway" leading up to the house
Woods retreat
Friday night we took the boys down to the lake to cool off. I am still in complete shock that Tucker ran right in. And stayed in! 
 The view across Mooselookmeguntic Lake (say that 5 times fast...)
 I couldn't help but laugh when we pulled onto the "street" the house is off of. It's perfect. My parents actually had to snowshoe up to the house this past winter to see it. Crazy!
 Saturday we headed out onto Rangeley Lake. Sunshine and fresh water, just what the doctor ordered.
 Best buds



The thing about vacations with my parents, there is always lots of food. Good, good, indulgent food. And I don't hate it!



The long drive home together.

It was just the original crew for the weekend and it was perfect. 

Thank you for a wonderful weekend Mom & Dad! Looking forward to the years of memories to come up there!

xoxo.


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, that looks absolutely beautiful! I feel refreshed just looking at your photos, must have been an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips