Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wine & Chocolate Tasting

Last Saturday, I was invited to a wine and chocolate tasting party. Seriously? Two of my most favoritest things! There was no way I was missing that!

Everyone was asked to bring a bottle of wine as well as a chocolate that paired well with it. You could go the straightforward route and bring chocolate candy, or you could get fancy and make a chocolate dessert. I went the straightforward route....

Of the 6 girls, we worked it out perfectly and had 3 whites to try and 3 reds. Prosecco, Moscato, Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Zinfandel. Yum!

Our directions were as follows:

It was awesome. Everyone did a great job picking out the perfect chocolate for their wine. I brought the sparkling wine and decided to go with fruity chocolates. Lindt Intense Orange bar and Ghiradelli Raspberry squares. It worked out perfectly! I favored the orange. But, either way...follow the steps above and you will be quite satisfied with your pairing!

 The six pairings were as follows:

  • Prosecco with fruit flavored dark chocolate
  • Mosacto with Lindt white chocolate
  • Chardonnay with Ghiradelli french vanilla chocolate
  • Merlot with a milk chocolate mousse
  • Cabernet Sauvignon with Trader Joe's dark chocolate truffle and caramel with black sea salt
  • Red Zinfindal with a dark chocolate tart


I would never have expected this, but the pairing I was most surprised by and loved was the Moscato and white chocolate. I don't normally drink sweeter white wines but omg, add the white chocolate in and this was quite the dessert! 

Another thing I noticed was with the Merlot, the chocolate mousse seemed to smooth out the wine. Because you taste the wine alone first, you can really taste the difference once you add in the chocolate. It certainly enhances the flavor of the wine!

The two homemade desserts were incredible. I couldn't stop. 

Cait was kind enough to provide us with some great eats in addition to chocolate. An amazing cheese plate? Count me in.

Swirl, sniff, sip! Oh, and then eat chocolate and sip again!

Well, I failed in my blogging duties during the wine event because I totally forgot my camera! So I hope you don't mind these iphone photos. And I didn't snag a group picture...wah! But we had a great time. And I would highly recommend giving this a try.

Thanks for hosting such a fabulous event Cait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips