Saturday, February 9, 2013

Perfect Timing

Well, we are hanging in this weekend staying dry during this blizzard! Those of you getting hit by Blizzard Nemo, stay safe! And warm.

This week J & I lost out on a house we put an offer on. Ya, it almost happened. I was pretty bummed about it. Our offer was verbally accepted but before the sellers signed our offer, another offer came in, which meant another round of best and final offers, and before we knew it, the house was no longer ours. Yes, that can happen, so be prepared!

As I was sitting here scanning a few new blogs that have caught my attention recently, I came across some pretty great reminders. Reminders I needed right now. Reminders that even though we may not have gotten the house we wanted, there will be another. And we should be very thankful for the home we already have.  (Tucker is pretty upset though, I did promise him a king size dog bed in our next home...)


As much as I'd love to say I'm taking the weekend off and won't be watching HGTV or reading a home decor magazine, let's be serious, it's going to happen. Even if we weren't looking, these things would happen! I may have even stopped on my way home yesterday to stock up on some new magazines while I'm stuck inside this weekend during the blizzard....magazines, catalogs, and coffee are my ideal weekend morning routine. 

2 comments:

  1. We didn't get the first place we put an offer in on either... but we're so happy that we didn't! It forced us to open our range a bit and we found our house that we (and the cats) absolutely love. It will work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! It's true, everything happens for a reason and I'll be really happy we didn't get it eventually. Just gotta be patient! (Not my strong suit hah)...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips