Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: IRS Town Meeting

A few weeks ago I was able to attend an IRS Town Meeting at my alma mater, Bentley University. I know, most of you are thinking, total snoozefest, but I have to say, it was rather interesting! I not only went to Bentley for undergrad but also for my Masters in Tax so it's always nice to be back on campus. And it is just so freakin gorgeous there in the fall.

The meeting itself was made up of a handful of discussions throughout the day with a lead speaker and several guests. It was really interesting to listen to my former tax professor interact with public accounting partners as well as representatives from the IRS. It certainly brought back memories from my public accounting days!

So, how do you dress for something like this?! I had a feeling I was going to be on the younger side of the audience members. And knowing it was being held in an auditorium, I feared being cold. So the obvious decision? Layers. And lots of them.

Tank top under button down under sweater vest under velvet blazer. And this was a great choice because I was never too warm. 

Button Down: Ann Taylor
Sweater Vest: Banana Republic outlet (very old)
Velvet Blazer: J.Crew
Work pants: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Bandolino (via DSW)
Watch: Michael Kors
Glasses: Kate Spade

This outfit will certainly be making a debut again in the office. Although I was afraid of feeling a little restricted with so many layers, it was actually really comfortable. There's nothing worse than being cold in the office! 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips