Thursday, November 8, 2012

Best Body Bootcamp: Week 3

I am still loving this bootcamp! Yes, there have been a few times that I've had a really hard time getting my booty out of bed in the morning but instead I've gone to the gym at night twice this week. That may be a record.


Word of advice - going to the gym while the election polls are running is a great idea. Hardly anyone there and you can distract yourself by watching the results! I'm so smart.

Tuesdays workout was one of my favorites so far. Instead of 40 minutes of steady cardio, this week's cardio days incorporate intervals. But instead of doing quick one minute or 30 second intervals, this one had you working at an intensity of 8 (out of 10) for 5 minutes, then recover, 7 minutes, recover, and finally 10 minutes. I would have never thought about taking small recovery breaks on the treadmill before. And it made a huge difference in my workout. I pushed myself harder during the running intervals knowing I had a 3 minutes of recovery coming up. Recovery intervals were at an intensity of 6. My workout looked a little something like this:

  • 5 minute warm up - walking at a 5.0 incline at 4.0 mph
  • 5 minute run at 7.0
  • 3 minute recovery at 6.5
  • 7 minute run at 7.0
  • 3 minute recovery at 6.5
  • 10 minute run ladder starting at 6.8 increase every minute up to 7.2 and then back down
  • cool down starting at 6.8 decreasing by .2 every minute until stopping at 6.2 and 4 miles total
I really think if I had just jumped on the treadmill and attempted 4 miles I wouldn't have made it. I felt GREAT after this workout.

My workout today will look very similar. And since I'm writing this Wednesday night....hopefully by the time you read this my workout will be finished!

And I'll look like this. A sweaty mess.


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips