Monday, August 20, 2012

Birchbox: August

Well, I totally forgot to tell you about the Birchbox I received in July. So sorry. Haven't heard of it? Honetley, I hadn't either until my very generous sister got it for me! And she was absolutely shocked that I didn't know about this site/service. 

Birchbox is a monthly subscription that sends you sample size beauty and lifestyle products (their words, not mine). Need an invite? Here you go! (Invite)

This is such a great gift idea. It is so reasonable. And so far, I have loved the products I've received (started in July). The boxes are totally customized to how you answer their survey so neither me, my sister, or my sister-in-law receive the exact same products.

Here's a glimpse of the July birchbox. In it I received the following:


  • Arquiste Flor y Canto perfume
  • Borghese cleansing bar for face & body
  • Melvita Floral Water
  • theBalm Staniac hint of tint
  • Cynthia Rowley Bandaids
Love the perfume and floral water! Since everything is sample size, it's been great to bring when traveling versus my typical perfume or face toner. The floral water comes out in a mist. Such a great, mild skin toner. I love using it in the morning to freshen up. I've decided the cleansing bar will be perfect to bring on our trip to Morocco so I'll let you know what I think next month.

The stain is very red so I haven't broken it out yet. I'm currently on a berry stain kick that I wore in family pictures (here) and at my sisters wedding (here). Coral stain was my stain of choice this past winter in NYC (here). So red is next! If you haven't tried out a lip stain before, you really should. One application and you're good to go for the night. My idea of great.


Now, on to August! Here's a glimpse of the box it was shipped in. I love how each month has been different so far.


What could it be???


A glimpse at the goods. Such fun wrapping.

In my beauty school Birchbox I received the following:


  • Beauty Fixation makeup remover
  • Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy La Fleur perfume
  • Miss Jessie's Original Quick Curls
  • Pixi Beauty Lid Last Shadow pen in Gilded Mink
  • Schick Quattro Silk razor
Total success again! I feel like I need to say, wow Birchbox knows me so well. But they REALLY do since I filled out a questionnaire describing my skin type, hair type, my typical beauty routine, and what I'm interested in for samples.

To date I've used the quick curl cream, perfume, and shadow pen. And, I have absolutely no complaints. I am LOVING the curl cream. I'm hoping to save some of it for our trip to Morocco. The travel size is so ideal. The perfume is a little sweeter than what I typically wear but still light. Its definitely going in my travel toiletry bag for future trips. Lastly, the shadow pen is awesome. Picture an extremely think eye liner pencil, but in the perfect shade of neutral gold. Totally taking a few seconds off my normal morning makeup routine. Swipe each lid and done.



Want to know what else I love about Birchbox? If I review the products I receive, I earn points to spend on their site. And, you can buy any of the products you've sampled, and then some! My sister-in-law Meg said she has found herself a new perfume already. So fun!

I am in no way connected to Birchbox other than the fact that I'm really enjoying the products so far. I'm planning to feature what I get monthly with a review in case it can be at all helpful to you. For example, the quick curl cream I am totally going to purchase.  I saw it at Target today on an endcap display actually! And I can't say I would have ever given it a chance had it not showed up on my doorstep.

Who would have thought a beauty products review could be so long?! Whoops. I'll work on that.

Happy Monday folks!


1 comment:

  1. Trace, I just got my first Birchbox in August...I am obsessed!! My cousin got me hooked on it! I loved every sample I got. I got Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls, and have been wearing my hair curly everyday since I got it (it is amazingly light), I thought of you when I first used it! We may have to sample swap next box :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips