Thursday, July 26, 2012

Recent Eats

Thank you pinterest & google for some fabulous new recipes.

After a month of too much take-out, dinners out, weddings, barbeque's, etc we needed to reign in our eating habits.

First, thank you pinterest for a super easy, healthy, and just down right delicious cheese steak recipe. Did you ever think you'd see the words cheesesteak and healthy in the same sentence? Maybe I should disclaimer this to say *healthy in my book.

I already mentioned this recipe (here) but here are a few more photos to make you drool. And hopefully, get you to give this a shot.




This second internet find actually came out of sheer laziness. Ha! It was hot here in Boston on Saturday. And while J and I were hanging out during the afternoon, I decided I really didn't feel like turning on the oven or standing over the stove top that night to cook up the chicken we had. So I turned to Google. We have a slow cooker that I picked up at Walmart way back before we got married. And I have to say, for the $15 I bought it for, this thing was a STEAL! May not be as fancy schmancy as the ones available everywhere else but hey, it gets the job done.

So, where was I? Right. Google. I wanted buffalo chicken bad. Real bad. We had chicken, and we had hot sauce. Done deal. So I threw out a search for buffalo chicken in a slow cooker. Thank you Google for putting a healthier option first!

Gina/Skinnytaste.com, you win. This was fantastic.



We made a few small changes to this recipes and it worked out great. We didn't have chicken stock, but did have low-sodium vegetable stock. Worked perfectly. We also added a few pinches of cayenne pepper to give it a little kick. Can't go wrong with spicy over here.

And J was in the mood for Sriracha so we mixed 50/50 Frank's hot sauce and Sriracha for the marinade. And used a little extra Sriracha on top for a kick.

I think I've totally sold J on lettuce wraps.

Let me know if you give these a try. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips