Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spinach & Strawberry Salad

I can't believe it's already Thursday! This week has been a bit killer on the work front so forgive the lack of posts.

If you're looking for a great summer salad, you have got to try this one. We served this at Jackie's bridal shower and it was definitely a hit.

At Jack's shower, I basically shoved food in my face as quickly as possible in the kitchen while everyone else ate on the desk. I figured I'd spare the crowd my un-lady like eating, and eat quick in order to get Jackie going on her gifts. Eating salad with my hands was just not an option.

So color me excited when strawberries were on sale at the grocery store that week! I decided to make my own batch of salad to have during the week.



Ingredients
Baby Spinach
Fresh strawberries
Sliced Almonds

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Maple Syrup
Balsamic Vinegar
Lemon
Ground Mustard
Poppy Seeds
Salt & Pepper


To be honest, I don't feel right giving you exact measurements on this one. When I called my mom and asked her for them, I was saying "yup," "uh huh," "ok," while only half listening and just mixing things together. If you love strawberries, add a bunch.


Add the baby spinach to a bowl and top with sliced strawberries and a cup of sliced almonds.


For the dressing, mix together equal parts EVOO, maple syrup, and balsamic. I actually use less balsamic so that the dressing is a touch less sweet. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, a 1/4 tsp ground mustard, about 2 tsp poppy seeds, salt and pepper to taste.


Since I made a batch for the week, I'd place some dressing on the bottom of a tupperware container, top it with salad, and shake it up at lunch when I was hungry. Delicious!


Looking for some ideas to add to the salad? Try adding blueberries! I love the combo of blueberries in salad. So refreshing to me. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips