Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Augustine, FL

After saving all her pennies over the winter last year, my mom rented herself a place on the beach in St. Augustine, Florida for the month of April. And she's decided to do it again this year! So baller.

I'm pretty sure my mom is in better shape than I am. She's an avid swimmer, biker, and kayaker so getting an extra month of warm weather is really great for her. Last year she came back in amazing shape, and a great tan to boot!

Easter happened to fall at the end of April last year, after a major tax deadline for me - April 15th. So it was the perfect timing for a week off.

J & I flew in from Boston, my sister and her fiance flew in from San Francisco, and we all spent a week at the beach basking in the sun. At this point last year, I had been working 6 days a week since mid-February and logging about 70+ hours a week. So once we were in St. Augustine, I took a break from heavy thinking. My hardest decisions for the week were, beach or pool, frozen drink or beer, morning run or sleep in, etc. If I didn't already say this, it was just what I needed.


A view walking out from the pool
View from the beach at the condos

Parents hitting the waves
 The 2 most important men in my life

View Easter morning
 
The 2 most important guys in my mom's life
We also made a trip to the alligator farm...

St. Augustine is the oldest European-established city in the US. It was founded by a Spanish explorer in the 1500's and still has much of Spanish charm. We had dinner in the old city one night and it was so reminiscent of Seville. 

Dinner was to celebrate Jackie & Adrian's engagement. Crazy to think this was a year ago already!

Although I can't go for a whole week again this year, I am so looking forward to my long weekend in the sun in a few weeks. It'll just be me & my mom- girl's weekend. :)

**UPDATE** - I will be adding our trips to the Travel page as I post about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips