Friday, February 24, 2012

New York, New York

Finally, this weekend has arrived! I will be heading to NYC for the weekend and I cannot wait! 

My old roommate Marissa is living proof that hard work and determination pay off. Over a year ago she decided it was time for her to fulfill her dream of living in NYC. She let all of her contacts know via email that she was interested in finding a job in New York and passed along her resume. Long story short, another old roommates mom was able to connect her with a contact in NYC and though I'm not sure if she ended up with that exact job, she's know been in NYC for almost a year and has a great job! I am so proud of her for this. And  yet, I haven't seen her since she moved! Gah!

So, as this weekend happens to be her birthday weekend, we are heading South to celebrate! If there's one thing we're pretty good about doing, it's getting together for each others birthdays. 

These girls made me laugh til I cried, dance til my feet hurt so bad I'd have to walk home barefoot, watch a million movies (i hate movies), drink obscene amounts of wine weekly, eat chinese food from the takeout containers just to be able to say we did it, and of course make me want to pull my hair out at times. But I love them, and was thankful to have 4 great years of memories throughout college with them. 

Here' are the 4 of us meeting up this weekend (pic taken Sophomore yr of college)...

 
 Marissa, Me, Natalie, Jordana


And out celebrating Marissa's birthday last year in Boston...
We'll miss you Corey!

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Awww this is a really nice blog! Let's plan another trip to NYC :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I try to respond to all comments by e-mail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips